Harley Johnstone a.k.a "Durianrider" is a vegan activist hailing from Adelaide, South Australia who owns a website called "30 Bananas a Day". Mr Johnstone has a long history of launching unprovoked online attacks at those whose writings he happens to disagree with, and his previous antics include making threats of physical violence to US vegan proponent David Wolfe.
Johnstone frequently posts at his own and other websites under the moniker Durianrider and various other aliases.
A few days ago, I was made aware that on May 22, 2012 an individual using the alias "Adelaide Andy" made numerous malicious claims about yours truly at the 30 Bananas a Day website. Subsequent investigation has revealed that the IP address of "Adelaide Andy" is the same as that used by Johnstone himself (it must be said: Johnstone clearly isn't the sharpest tool in the box).
Among the more serious of these were the following:
-The claim that I am a "fraud";
-The claim that he sold to me the anabolic drugs testosterone and "Dbol" (dianabol) in 2005;
-The claim that I complained and demanded a return of the monies I paid for the drugs after they caused me to suffer hair loss;
-That I receive welfare in the form of unemployment benefits;
-That I have "spent the last 8 years juicing steroids and posting crap on bodybuilding.com under many accounts."
-That a picture of myself posted on my website was taken in 2005, and that I have since suffered a decline in my physical condition to the point where I am now sporting a "gut" (common parlance for excessive bodyfat in the stomach region).
All of these claims are patently false and defamatory. I have sought legal advice and rest assured I will be pursuing this matter vigorously. As such, I will not comment further except to say the following:
- I do not take steroids. I have stated on a number of occasions that I am happy to undergo testing for any and all steroids at the accuser's expense.
- In 2005, I lived in Melbourne, Victoria. I did not obtain anabolic steroids from anyone either in that state or during visits to South Australia.
- This individual claims "I used to train with Anthony Colpo at Fitness First at Payneham". This is most unlikely as I have never set foot upon any Fitness First property let alone trained in their facilities.
- The current absence of hair on my cranium is caused by the voluntary use of shaving apparatus, not anabolic steroids.
- I am self-employed, and do not receive unemployment benefits nor any other form of government welfare.
- I have not posted any material at Bodybuilding.com in the last 8 years, using my own name nor any alias.
- The photo appearing at my website, and at the defamatory thread at 30 Bananas a Day, was taken not in 2005 but on October 14, 2010 and fairly represents my current physical condition.